Friday, March 22, 2013

'Signs of Spring'

Well, I finally finished! 
As I have mentioned in previous posts, this quilt turned out to be a challenge for me in many ways.
With each step, I was trying something new. 
And in turn, ended up stopping and restarting in a new direction many times. 
The construction process consisted of :
Ice dying an old bed sheet
re-purposing a costume print from the Goodwill store
use of commercial prints and batik dyed fabrics
rotary tool and scissor cutting
random/irregular piecing 
machine seaming
hand applique
hand printing the quilt surface using acrylic paints 
long arm and sewing machine quilting
multicolor pieced binding construction
new sleeve/hanging technique

Yes, I am aware that I broke all the rules with this one.
I'm waiting for the 'Quilt Police' to comment.
I have to admit, I really enjoyed it all. 
Making decisions as I went along, I learned so much. . . . I'm ready to start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment